My review of DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator with Wheel Kit and Electric Start
If you are looking for an emergency backup generator which can power all your appliances then try DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator. Here are the consumer reviews for this product.
So why should you go for the DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator with Wheel Kit and Electric Start?
Here is the list of salient features of this machine.
• 8 hour run time
• Wattage capacity 3500
• Electric key start
• EPA and CARB approved
• Low oil shut down
• Low noise level
Let us check out these features one by one.
Run time:With a 4 gallon gas tank the unit has an 8 hour run time. The 8 hour run time is with 50% load.
Wattage capacity:It has a running capacity of 3500 watts with surge wattage at 4400. This means you can connect appliances whose total wattage capacity does not exceed 3500 watts. So coffee maker, fridge, TV etc can be run in parallel. Keep in mind that the starting wattage of any appliance you connect should not exceed 4400 watts. So things like air compressor whose surge wattage is 4500 watts cannot be definitely connected to this unit. Also an important thing to keep in mind is that the unit runs very well when the wattage of appliances connected is low. As the wattage increases to watts there is a dip in voltage and frequency. More than 3300 watts can cause the engine to shut down.
Key start: if recoil or manual method is a pain for you to start then electric start option with battery is also provided in this unit. The recoil method consists of pulling a coil to start the generator whereas electric start uses a key operated switch to start the engine.
Low oil shut down: the generator having this feature can detect low oil conditions. The engine shuts down in these conditions. Also there is warning light for low oil conditions in the fuel panel of the machine.
Low noise level: The machine produces a low noise level of 69 db. This noise level is low and does not produce any damage or cause any problems in a silent neighborhood. With a super quiet muffler present the engine noise is further reduced. It also has a quieter exhaust. Also with isolated motor mounts the unit produces low noise.
Portable: with a wheel kit and stow away handles the 36”*21” unit is easy to transport.
EPA and CARB approved: CARB stands for California Air Resource Board. A CARB compliant machine produces less air pollutants and is cleaner. So this unit produces less pollutants. EPA stands for environmental protection agency. This means better fuel efficiency, higher performance and higher reliability of machines.
Outlets: It has one dc outlet for charging battery or running 12v devices. It also has 120 v, 30 amp 3 outlets for household appliances and one 120/240v 30 amp twist lock outlet.
For the price you get Durable DuroMax 7.0 Hp machine and a wheel kit w/ front handle for portability.
Reviews regarding the machine:
The unit has received 4 out of 5 stars. Here is what the customers have to say about this product.
• “Good performance, excellent value”
• “built well, works well and less polluting”
• “good deal for the money”
• “very pleased, quality product”
• “great unit for the money”
• “The published wattage is overstated”
• “Battery unit does not start, have to use recoil start”
• “customer service is not that great”
Tips in using this inverter:
• Using the oil fill tube can be a bit awkward. So use a funnel with a tube to add oil and to stop spilling of oil.
• It is best to change the oil every 6 hours of run time during the first run. Later on you can change it to 25-30 hours.
• If you use the engine infrequently it is a good idea to mix the fuel with some antioxidant. This will make sure that the gas lasts longer for a year or so.
• If you don’t want cords running all over the place then make sure you get a transfer switch to connect the generator to the main panel.
• Do not keep the fuel in the tank for long time as this will varnish and cause blocks in the passageways. Drain the carburetor completely when you switch off the unit or use the generator periodically.
Does it include a Warranty?
Yes, the DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt machine has a one year warranty in all its parts.
How much does this cost and where to buy?
This machine costs $469 with 2% discount at Amazon. You can also buy it slightly cheaper at buy.com for a list price of $429 with 28% discount.
More reviews of the machine:
More reviews of the machine can be read at Amazon.